Boost your Grades with us today!
Sample Answer for Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt NUR 513 Included After Question
Learning how to navigate the digital classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s digital classroom has many resources to help you become a successful graduate learner.
View the Student Learning Management System Tutorial as well as search the digital classroom to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the digital classroom environment.
Part A: Answer Each Prompt
- List the items on the screen when you first enter a course.
- Along the left-hand menu, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Student Success Center.” Once in the Student Success Center, search for “Classroom Policies” and review GCU’s participation policy. What do you need to do to make sure you are properly participating in the digital classroom?
- View the “APA 7th Edition Tutorial,” located in the topic Resources to assist in answering this question. Once you have viewed the tutorial, navigate back to the “Student Success Center” and search for “Style Guides and Templates” to review the APA Style Guide and APA Template (without Abstract)
- Why do you think academic writing requires such strict formatting?
- If you have trouble formatting your papers, what resources can you access at GCU that will help you with it? List at least two.
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt NUR 513
- Under which section in the Student Success Center can you find official Microsoft Tutorials for their software products?
- Within the “Student Success Center,” Click on “Resources,” and then under the “Tools” heading, click on “New Student Success.” Locate “Tutorials and Webinars.” Which “Classroom Success” tutorial or webinar do you think might be most helpful for you?
- From the course home page, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
- Click on “Syllabus” from the home page in the digital classroom. What are all the different sections found in the syllabus?
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click on “Library” from the left-hand menu. Find a time that a GCU Library Introduction webinar tour is available. Write down a time and date that one is offered.
A Sample Answer For the Assignment: Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt NUR 513
Title: Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt NUR 513
Topic 2 DQ 2
Compare two different advanced registered nurse roles with regard to ethical guidelines. Are there any differences in the ethical guidelines that govern these roles? What situations might require one role to respond differently, depending on the ethical guidelines?
There are many avenues available for Registered Nurses within different types of Masters Programs. Advanced Nursing Practice Roles uniquely identify within different specialties. The two types of APN roles I have decided to compare includes Nurse Educator and Nurse Practitioner (Liaison International , 2022).
The Nurse Educator, whether it be college instruction or hospital bedside guidance, has a very important responsibility. Teaching and guiding nursing students, new grads and experienced nurses through gentle but firm instruction is an important balance (American Nurses Association, 2022). Ethical considerations can include providing constructive communication techniques for all facets of learning styles, maintaining confidentiality and anonymity, and recognizing potential of harm so the issue can be swiftly revised and improved. The nurse educator is an important resource for all areas of nursing, and performing this role with compassion and confidence directly influences healthy growth and success within all levels of nursing practices (DeNisco & Barker, 2019).
The Nurse Practitioner involves direct patient care and can span all types of specialties in medicine. Diagnosis and treatment as well as counseling in preventative care helps to create a healthy balance between the actual management of care and strategies needed for long term success. (American Nurses Association, 2022). Nurse Practitioners do not just treat the present problem but also the patient’s future health and happiness. Ethical considerations include voluntary participation of the patient, confidentiality, and informed consent (DeNisco & Barker, 2019).
There are many ethical differences within these two APN roles. The scope of practice highly differs between the two, which directly influences the associated ethical guidelines. One huge difference is the population served. Nurse Educators directly serve the nurses and institutions, while Nurse Practitioners directly serve the patients and institutions. Both roles utilize evidence-based practice and definitive ethical standards. The response to an ethical situation differs in the fact that the educator may identify and correct situations by improving knowledge gaps and training while the Nurse Practitioner may have to adjust the plan of care accordingly and follow up with different treatment modalities.
For example: A Jehovah witness patient is diagnosed with sickle cell crisis who is dangerously anemic and needs a blood transfusion. Ethical guidelines remain in place for respecting spirituality and religion. The hospital educator may consider addressing this situation with cultivating awareness by teaching the institutions employees, which leads to building understanding and acceptance for this patient population. The Nurse Practitioner will need to adapt the plan of care to this specific situation but also directly educate the patient on the high level risks associated with the denial of the blood transfusion. The NP can help the patient define personal limits and wishes associated with the plan of care without encroaching on the validity of the religious belief.
American Nurses Association. (2022). Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). https://www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/workforce/what-is-nursing/aprn
DeNisco, S. M., & Barker, A. M. (Eds.). (2019). Advanced practice nursing: essential knowledge for the profession (4th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN-13: 9781284176124
Liaison International (2022). Explore Health Careers. https://explorehealthcareers.org/field/nursing/
Part B: Highlight the Correct Response
- From the Resources page of the Student Success Center, which of the following is not found under the “Explore Tools” link?
- The Writing Center
- New Student Success
- Virtual Campus Tour
- Academic Excellence Center
- What can be found in the Class Resources?
- Electronic Resources and Textbook
- Computer, Internet, and Software
- Pens, Paper, and Books
- The Syllabus, Discussion Forum, and Student Success Center
- Where do you find “Announcements” for a course?
- On the main page of your course in the digital classroom
- The Calendar
- The Syllabus
- The instructor emails them to you at the start of each week.
- What would you do if you wanted to ask your instructor a question in which you felt your classmates could benefit from the answer as well?
- Send him or her a personal email
- Post the question in the Discussion Forum
- Post the question in the Announcements
- Post the question in the Class Questions
- Looking at the Forums section of your digital classroom, which sections are not listed? (Select all that apply.)
- Discussion Forum
- Class Questions
- Assignment Forum
- Private Forum
- Where are the weekly topic learning objectives found?
- On the Calendar
- Within the topic itself
- In the Gradebook
- Under the Classroom Policies section
- Where is the syllabus found?
- Under the Calendar tab
- In the Announcements
- On the course home page
- In Topic 1
Grading Rubric Guidelines
Demonstrates achievement of scholarly inquiry for professional and academic decisions.
|Application of Course Knowledge –
Demonstrate the ability to analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles and concepts learned in the course lesson and outside readings and relate them to real-life professional situations
Replies to each graded thread topic posted by the course instructor, by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT, of each week, and posts a minimum of two times in each graded thread, on separate days.
(5 points possible per graded thread)
Summarizes what was learned from the lesson, readings, and other student posts for the week.
|Minus 1 Point
|Minus 2 Point
|Minus 3 Point
|Minus 4 Point
|Minus 5 Point
|Grammar, Syntax, APA
Note: if there are only a few errors in these criteria, please note this for the student in as an area for improvement. If the student does not make the needed corrections in upcoming weeks, then points should be deducted.
Points deducted for improper grammar, syntax and APA style of writing.
The source of information is the APA Manual 6th Edition
|0 points lost
|-5 points lost
|Total Participation Requirements
per discussion thread
|The student answers the threaded discussion question or topic on one day and posts a second response on another day.
|The student does not meet the minimum requirement of two postings on two different days
|Early Participation Requirement
per discussion thread
|The student must provide a substantive answer to the graded discussion question(s) or topic(s), posted by the course instructor (not a response to a peer), by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT of each week.
|The student does not meet the requirement of a substantive response to the stated question or topic by Wednesday at 11:59 pm MT.