Boost your Grades with us today!
NR 512 Week 6 Assignment
The Narrated PowerPoint Presentation assignment is due by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 6. The guidelines are listed below. The guidelines and grading rubric are also located in the course resource section.
This assignment is designed to help students
- Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students selected a “hot” or popular topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss in week 5. This week student will develop a narrated slide PowerPoint (PPT) presentation of 8-10 slides summarizing the assignment.
CO 6: Describe health information systems within healthcare setting and the profession of nursing in all practice domains and settings including electronic health records (EHR), their management and patient-care information technology (IT). (PO 3)
CO 7: Explore trends and issues in NI and their impact on nursing practice in all domains, including cultural humility and person-centered care. (PO 1, 3)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
Total Points Possible: 150
The FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT “hot” topics from the Week 5 assignment will be summarized in 8-10 narrated slides for this Week 6 assignment. Students will summarize the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive and negative manner, including pros and cons. Include discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were applied in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed FierceHealthIT Hot Topic narrated PPT assignment to assignment folder by end of Week 6.
Preparing the Presentation
- The FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT Hot Topic of the Week is a recap of the assignment from Wk. 5 and must be a professional, scholarly prepared PowerPoint narrated presentation of 8-10 slides including at least three scholarly references.
- You should have at least 8-10 slides. It is important to note that if you could not give your presentation and someone would have to stand in for you, he or she would need to know what you were going to say. Use the speaker-notes section so that someone may step in for you and not miss a beat.
- Maintain the 6x6x6 rule for a professional PowerPoint presentation. No more than 6 lines per slide, 6 words per line, and 6 slides without a graphic.
- All aspects of the presentation must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
- Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
- Due to the size of the file with narration, please do not include any animation.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTitle slide has name, topic title, course, and date present
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSelected HealthIT topic is presented with rationale for selection
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeHow this topic impacts nursing informatics presented
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePresents the nursing informatics skills that were used to develop this assignment
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePro’s and Con’s of topic are presented with convincing arguments
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeConclusion slide with recommendations for the future present
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeThe slide presentation includes narration and speaker notes.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIncluded 3 scholarly references plus the FierceHealth source to support presentation
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar, spelling, punctuation, references, citations, and APA formatting
|Total Points: 150.0
See Also: NR 512 Week 3 Assignment