Professional Identity Of A Nurse Essay
Professional Identity Of A Nurse Essay
According to Larson, Brady, Engelmann, Perkins, and Shultz (2013), ”the development of professional identity is a continuous process that begins with admission to the nursing program and evolves throughout one’s professional career in a dynamic and fluid process where interacting relationship of education and practice lead to self-reflection, growth, and human flourishing” (p. 138).
Larson, J., Brady, N., Engelmann, L., Perkins, B., & Shultz, C. (2013). The formation of professional identity in nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives.34 (2). p 138.
Describe the foundations of nursing practice.
Identify roles and responsibilities for safe nursing practice in the healthcare environment.
Explain the roles and scope of practice for members of the intraprofessional team.
This course includes a project with three parts. Each part builds off prior knowledge to help you create your nurse professional identity. In the first part, you examine the role of the nurse and scope of practice, which will help you identify the nurses’ role. In the second part, you describe the importance of the code of ethics in nursing, and examine the standards of nursing practice for the role you are obtaining during the nursing program. The final submission requires you to use the first two parts of your assignment to explain your belief of caring in nursing, describe your professional identity, and identify a potential professional organization that you may join to help support your development.
Prepare a two to three page written assignment that includes the following:
· Introduction to the assignment (sections of the assignment: caring, professional identity, and professional organizations/associations)
· Explain your belief of caring in nursing (self, nursing, environment, and profession)
· Describe your professional identity including your beliefs, values, motives, and experiences
· Discuss one to two professional organizations/associations you plan to be involved in during your nursing career
· Conclusion (reflect on the criteria of the assignment; caring, professional identity, and professional organizations/associations)
· Use at least two credible resources to support your findings. For example, one of the resources could be the website for a professional organization or association, and another resource could be a textbook. These resources must be integrated into the body of your paper using at least two in-text citations. Be sure to use proper APA format and style.
Format: Professional Identity Of A Nurse Essay
· Two to three page written assignment
· Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Logical, original and insightful
· Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
· Run your paper through Grammarly and make corrections to identified errors before submission. Note: You must use the following link to create your Grammarly account. You must use your Rasmussen student email address: https://www.grammarly.com/signin?page=edu
Rasmussen College Online Library School of Nursing > Your Career > Jobs and Outlook > Professional Associations Tab https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/jobsandoutlook
Rasmussen College offers many different resources to support your academic writing.
· Writing Help: How do I access writing support?
School of Nursing Online Guide > Nursing Research https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/research
Before you begin your search, it is important to understand:
· What is a scholarly or peer reviewed article?
· What is the difference between evidence-based articles and scholarly, research articles?
· How do I know if a source is credible?
Use the links below when you are ready to start searching the online library:
· How do I find scholarly/peer-reviewed nursing articles?
· How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
· Discovery database: What is it and how do I use it?