PCN 540 GCU Topic 4 Assignment Article Review (Obj. 4.2 and 4.4)
Select and read one of the following articles, located in the Topic 4 materials:
- The Role of Faculty Mentors in the Research Training of Counseling Psychology Doctoral Students
- The Career Development of Mexican American Adolescent Women: A Test of Social Cognitive Career Theory
Write a 500-750-word analysis of your selected article. Include the following in your analysis:
- What are the key differences between qualitative and quantitative research?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative research designs?
- What are the essential components that should be considered when applying qualitative methods to counseling outcomes?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
- F.8.f. Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed research methods.
- F.8.g. Designs used in research and program evaluation.