Boost your Grades with us today!
Sample Answer for NUR 590 What are some of the obstacles or barriers to implementing evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing? Included After Question
NUR 590 What are some of the obstacles or barriers to implementing evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing?
Topic 5 DQ 1
What are some of the obstacles or barriers to implementing evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing? Explain how at least one of the obstacles you have described could impact the implementation of your EBP project.
- Propose an implementation plan for the evidence-based practice proposal.
- Propose strategies for overcoming barriers to the implementation of the evidence-based practice proposal.
Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal: Implementation Plan
Sep 09, 2021 12:00 AM
Sep 15, 2021 11:59 PM
In 1,250-1,500 words, discuss the implementation plan for your evidence-based practice project proposal. When required, create the appropriate form, table, image, or graph to fully illustrate that aspect of the intervention plan and include them in an appendix of your paper. You will use the implementation plan, including the associated documents in your appendices, in the Topic 8 assignment, during which you will synthesize the various aspects of your project into a final paper detailing your evidence-based practice project proposal.
Include the following:
- Describe the setting and access to potential subjects. If there is a need for a consent or approval form, then one must be created. Include a draft of the form as an appendix at the end of your paper.
- Create a timeline. Make sure the timeline is general enough that it can be implemented at any date. Based on the timeline you created, describe the amount of time needed to complete this project. Include a draft of the timeline as an appendix at the end of your paper.
- Develop a budget and resource list. Consider the clinical tools or process changes that would need to take place. Based on the budget and resource list you developed: (a) describe the resources (human, fiscal, and other) or changes needed in the implementation of the solution; (b) outline the costs for personnel, consumable supplies, equipment (if not provided by the institute), computer-related costs (librarian consultation, database access, etc.), and other costs (travel, presentation development). Include a draft of the budget and resource list as an appendix at the end of your paper.
- Explain whether you would select a qualitative or quantitative design to collect data and evaluate the effectiveness of your evidence-based practice project proposal. Provide rationale to support your selection.
- Describe the methods and instruments (questionnaire, scale, or test) to be used for monitoring the implementation of the proposed solution. Include the method or instrument as an appendix at the end of your paper.
- Explain the process for delivering the intervention and indicate if any training will be needed.
- Discuss the stakeholders that are needed to implement the plan.
- Consider all of the aspects of your implementation plan and discuss potential barriers or challenges to the plan. Propose strategies for overcoming these.
- Establish the feasibility of the implementation plan.
Refer to the “Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal – Assignment Overview” document for an overview of the evidence-based practice project proposal assignments.
You are required to cite a minimum of five peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Complete the “APA Writing Checklist” to ensure that your paper adheres to APA style and formatting criteria and general guidelines for academic writing. Include the completed checklist as an appendix at the end of your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
NUR 590 What are some of the obstacles or barriers to implementing evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing Grading Rubric Guidelines
Demonstrates achievement of scholarly inquiry for professional and academic decisions.
|Application of Course Knowledge –
Demonstrate the ability to analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles and concepts learned in the course lesson and outside readings and relate them to real-life professional situations
Replies to each graded thread topic posted by the course instructor, by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT, of each week, and posts a minimum of two times in each graded thread, on separate days.
(5 points possible per graded thread)
Summarizes what was learned from the lesson, readings, and other student posts for the week.
|Minus 1 Point
|Minus 2 Point
|Minus 3 Point
|Minus 4 Point
|Minus 5 Point
|Grammar, Syntax, APA
Note: if there are only a few errors in these criteria, please note this for the student in as an area for improvement. If the student does not make the needed corrections in upcoming weeks, then points should be deducted.
Points deducted for improper grammar, syntax and APA style of writing.
The source of information is the APA Manual 6th Edition
|0 points lost
|-5 points lost
|Total Participation Requirements
per discussion thread
|The student answers the threaded discussion question or topic on one day and posts a second response on another day.
|The student does not meet the minimum requirement of two postings on two different days
|Early Participation Requirement
per discussion thread
|The student must provide a substantive answer to the graded discussion question(s) or topic(s), posted by the course instructor (not a response to a peer), by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT of each week.
|The student does not meet the requirement of a substantive response to the stated question or topic by Wednesday at 11:59 pm MT.
A Sample Answer For the Assignment: NUR 590 What are some of the obstacles or barriers to implementing evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing?
Title: NUR 590 What are some of the obstacles or barriers to implementing evidence-based practice (EBP) in nursing?
Barriers to evidence-based practice research can prevent research from reaching potential. Barriers that involve resource management, interdisciplinary involvement and lack of support are common in evidence-based practice research in varying levels depending on the research setting or question being explored. Building research within a medical center has its benefits as well as its barriers to obtaining research goals for health outcomes. Health related education especially can sometimes take a back seat to patient care interventions in terms of implementation of research (Swindle, Johnson, Davenport, Whiteside-Mansell, Thirunavukarasu, Sadavsin & Curran, 2019)
One barrier that I would predict would interfere with the implementation process deals with interdisciplinary communication for educational purposes. Although using education can be used to disseminate information to health care providers and the public, interdisciplinary information and coordination may make this difficult. This would impact my project because coordinating with nutrition and educational departments will become very important to the research outcomes and the amount of involvement or coordination may revolve around the ability to utilize these connections with other disciplines (Shayan, Kiwanuka & Nakaye, 2019).
Swindle, T., Johnson, S. L., Davenport, K., Whiteside-Mansell, L., Thirunavukarasu, T., Sadasavin, G., & Curran, G. M. (2019). A Mixed-Methods Exploration of Barriers and Facilitators to Evidence-Based Practices for Obesity Prevention in Head Start. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 51(9), 1067–1079. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2019.06.019
Shayan, S. J., Kiwanuka, F., & Nakaye, Z. (2019). Barriers Associated With Evidence‐Based Practice Among Nurses in Low‐ and Middle‐Income Countries: A Systematic Review. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 16(1), 12–20. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1111/wvn.12337