Boost your Grades with us today!
Sample Answer for NUR 514 Implementing Change With an Inter-professional Approach Presentation Included After Question
NUR 514 Implementing Change With an Inter-professional Approach Presentation
As an advanced registered nurse, you will serve as a leader within your organization. Part of this role will entail being a change agent and spurring positive change on behalf of patients, colleagues, and the industry.
Consider a situation you experienced previously where change did not go as planned in your health care organization. Create a 10-15-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you will assess the situation and the steps that should have been taken to successfully implement change. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include an additional slide for the title and references. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the study materials for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning and another at the end for References.
Include the following in your presentation:
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS:NUR 514 Implementing Change With an Inter-professional Approach Presentation
1. Describe the background of the situation and the rationale for and goal(s) of the change. Consider the ethical, social, legal,
economic, and political implications of practice change in your response.
2. Outline the advanced registered nurse’s role as change agent within the interprofessional and dynamic health care environment.
3. Identify the key interprofessional stakeholders (both internal and external) that should be involved in change efforts.
4. Discuss an appropriate change theory or model that could be used to achieve results. Explain why the theory or model selected is best for the situation. Include the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of applying the change management strategies to practice change in your response.
5. As an advanced registered nurse, outline how you would initiate the change.
6. Describe the impact to the organization if the change initiative is unsuccessful again, and potential steps the interprofessional team could take if the change is unsuccessful.
7. Predict what additional factors will drive upcoming organizational change for the organization and outline the advanced registered nurse’s role as change agent.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
Lopes Write Policy
For assignments that need to be submitted to Lopes Write, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
A Sample Answer For the Assignment: NUR 514 Implementing Change With an Inter-professional Approach Presentation
Title: NUR 514 Implementing Change With an Inter-professional Approach Presentation
DRIVING FORCES OF EHRS
- In the current world, Electronic health records (EHRs) are the center for healthcare data collection, storage, and management in several hospitals around the world.
- The driving forces for the development of EHRs are divided into two main categories: Compliance and User needs.
- With compliance, the organization must observe all the legal and insurance requirements outlined for the development of HER (Krousel-Wood et al., 2017). Afterward, they can then consider the cost and practice need specifications to be able to adopt the best system.
- The user needs, on the other hand, to emphasize making sure that the health care workers’ needs are considered when deciding on which EHR system to adopt.
Key Interprofessional Stakeholders
- EHR Team Lead
- EHR Implementation Manager
- Office manager
- Scheduler Lead
- Billing team
- Information Technology Lead
- Board members
- Marketing team
CHANGE INITIATIVE AND BEING A CHANGE ADVOCATE
- Kotter’s change management principle can be used as a guide for initiating the change from paper to an electronic system. These principles entail three main steps (Noumair, 2016):
- Step 1: Formulating a climate for change
- Step 2: Engaging and enabling the organization
- Step 3: Executing and maintaining the change
Step 1: Creating a climate for change
- This is the first step of Kotter’s change management principle.
- It is made up of three main steps: first, create a future state or vision, then identify the champion and lastly establish the project (Krousel-Wood et al., 2017).
CHANGE INITIATIVE AND BEING A CHANGE ADVOCATE
Step 2: Engaging and enabling the organization
- All healthcare personnel who will be involved with the new system in their daily routine must be involved in the transformation process.
- This step allows the change advocate to organize training of the staff and evaluate the usability of the new EHR system (Noumair, 2016).
Step 3: Implementing and sustaining the change
- This is the most relevant step among the three, as it determines whether the implemented system will be applicable in the hospital setting.
- In this step, the change advocate reviews the feedback and organizes for the system update.
- The staff members are also rewarded.
IMPACT OF THE CHANGE ON CURRENT WORKFLOWS
The transformation from paper to EHR system will positively impact the existing healthcare facility workflow by increasing the work output and reducing time spent in the following areas (Krousel-Wood et al., 2017):
- Booking patient appointments
- Maintaining patient admission records
- Conducting patient examination
- Managing patient history records
- Managing messages
- Renewing and refilling patient medication
- Clinicians consultations
Redesigning the workflow based on the newly implemented electronic healthcare records will impact the healthcare organizations in different ways such as (Barrett & Stephens, 2017):
- Reducing healthcare wastages
- Maximizing efficiency
- Eliminating or reducing workflow chaos
- Improving coordination of care
- Enhancing the quality and safety of healthcare provided
Required Resources for Implementation
- Hardware and software infrastructure
- Equipment upgrade software and other Health IT software
- Regional extension centers
- Privacy or security training games
- Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL)
- Additional power and network infrastructure
- Internal and external labor
- Medical devices
Risks Within Implementation
- Poor system design which does not align with the practice needs
- Stakeholder hesitation as a result of inadequate education and training
- Inappropriate launching of the new system that might prevent a smooth transition
- Inappropriate investigation strategies which may delay ROI
- Ineffectual privacy and security features
IMPACTS OF THE POOR PLANNING ON COST, QUALITY, AND SAFETY
- Poor planning results in an unexpected financial burden.
- It undermines the quality of healthcare provided.
- It also compromises the safety of the patient hence putting their health at high risk (Kohli, & Tan, 2016).
- Misalignment of cost and benefits
- Healthcare personnel resistance to the new system
- Breach of patient privacy
- Standardization limits
- Lawsuits and legal complications
- Organizational constraints
- Medical errors
Healthcare personnel resistance to EHR system can be avoided by (Krousel-Wood et al., 2017):
- Properly communicating the benefits of HER
- Proper training
- Establishment of strong technical support
- Noumair, D. A. (2016). Research in Organizational Change and Development. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Barrett, A. K., & Stephens, K. K. (January 01, 2017). Making Electronic Health Records (EHRs) Work: Informal Talk and Workarounds in Healthcare Organizations. Health Communication, 32, 8, 1004-1013.
- Ben-Assuli, O. (January 01, 2015). Electronic health records, adoption, quality of care, legal and privacy issues and their implementation in emergency departments. Health Policy, 119, 3, 287-297.
- Kohli, R., & Tan, S. S.-L. (January 01, 2016). Electronic Health Records: How Can IS Researchers Contribute to Transforming Healthcare?. Mis Quarterly, 40, 3, 553-574.
- Krousel-Wood, M., McCoy, A. B., Ahia, C., Holt, E. W., Trapani, D. N., Luo, Q., Price-Haywood, E. G., … Milani, R. V. (2017). Implementing electronic health records (EHRs): health care provider perceptions before and after transition from a local basic EHR to a commercial comprehensive EHR. (Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.)