NUR 513 Discussion: Role Development for Advanced Registered Nurses
- Evaluate how professional nursing organizations influence the profession and support nurses in achieving their professional
- Examine positions and goals supported by nursing organizations that relate to one’s personal worldview and philosophy of care and
- Discuss the potential impact of current legislation on the advanced registered nurse’s individual and collectiveAdvanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession
Read Chapters 28-30 in Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession.
Leadership in Nursing Practice: Changing the Landscape of Health Care
Read Chapters 10 and 11 in Leadership in Nursing Practice: Changing the Landscape of Health Care.
A New Model for ANCC’s Magnet Recognition Program
Read “A New Model for ANCC’s Magnet Recognition Program,” by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), located on U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Professional Nursing Organizations
Explore the Professional Nursing Organizations links on the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing website.
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: NUR 513 Discussion: Role Development for Advanced Registered Nurses
Advanced registered nursing graduates are entering the profession at dynamic time when roles and scope of practice are shifting based on developments in legislation and policy in response to the evolving needs of the health care system.
Professional nursing organizations play an important role in making sure the perspectives of advanced registered nurses are heard, and in supporting nurse specialties in their efforts to expand their scope of practice and their full participation throughout the health care system.
For this assignment, you will conduct research on the current scope of practice for your specialty and efforts that are being made to expand that scope and the role of the advanced nurse in positively influencing the health care system. Write a 1,250-1,500-word paper that includes the following:
- A discussion of the scope of your future role as an advanced registered nurse, including any regulatory, certification, or accreditation agencies that define that scope.
- A discussion of three professional nursing organizations that you think are most influential in advancing the scope and influence of advanced nursing. Of these organizations, evaluate the one that you would most like to join. How do its goals and mission fit in with your worldview and philosophy of care? How might membership in this organization improve your practice?
- A discussion of a controversial or evolving issue that is most likely to affect your scope of practice or role in the next few years. How do you think this issue could influence the profession and other stakeholders, and why does it matters to the advanced registered nurse?
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center
Identify three professional nursing organizations that interest you. Provide a brief summary of their purpose, requirements, and any differences in focus, population, scope, or intent. How do these organizations align to your goals and worldview?
Topic 8 DQ 2
Research health care legislation that is being considered in your state. What impact might this legislation have on your future practice? What impact does it have on the collective practice of nurses in your state? How do you envision yourself potentially becoming involved in political advocacy for the profession in your future practice?