NRS 451 :Write a one-page double spaced introductory cover letter in which you explain your professional objectives, professional interests, and strengths as an applicant.
NRS 451 Write a one-page double spaced introductory cover letter in which you explain your professional objectives, professional interests, and strengths as an applicant.
Cover letters and resumes are critical documents needed when applying for job openings. All professionals including nursing professionals often study to attain skills and competencies to work in various settings. Nurses tend to apply for various jobs while still studying or after graduating from their respective programs. Cover letters and resumes help in facilitating this application (Smith & Van Genderen, 2018). A cover letter outlines the credentials of the applicant and interest in the position in question (He & Kang, 2021). On the other hand, a resume highlights an applicant’s skills, accomplishments, and background (Jilk et al., 2018). It recaps pertinent education and job experiences. The purpose of this paper is to provide my resume and a cover letter for the position of clinical nurse liaison at Amerita, Inc.
|Professional Profile||I am a highly-skilled professional registered nurse passionate about the patient, family, and community health and continuously seeking opportunities to empower patients and advance nursing.|
|Career Summary||Decatur Morgan Hospital, Alabama
Patient Care Tech
· Helping with patient procedures
· Bedside care
· Advocating for patient needs
· Interacting in daily communication
· Modeling problem-solving to improve quality, efficiency, and care effectiveness
· Maintaining regular contact with patients and opportunities to add value in points of care.
Huntsville Hospital, Alabama
Patient Care Tech and Registered Nurse
· Educating patients and answering different questions related to health conditions, prognosis, and treatment
· Observing and reporting patients’ condition, progress, and medication outcomes to document updates
· Liaising with physicians and other health care staff to promote quality care
· Conducting patient assessments and diagnostic tests to enable physicians to develop focused treatment plans
· Collaborating with physicians to manage ongoing care
· Establishing and maintaining rapport with patients and their family members
American Mobile Travel Agency, San Diego CA
· Performing tests
· Medication administration
· Writing reports
· Collaborating with physicians to develop patient care plans
· Vaccinating populations
South Sac Kaiser Hospital
· Delivering care to patients with various diagnoses
· Managing care from treatment initiation through to completion
· Medication administration
· Facilitation therapeutic communication and crisis intervention
· Teaching patients lifestyle management and choices
· Facilitating new nurses’ orientation programs
|Education and Training||Tarrant County College, Texas
Associate Degree in Nursing
January 2004- June 2008
General Pre-nursing Certificate
January 2003- April 2004
|Licenses/Certifications||Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
|Competencies & Skills set||· Patient and staff education
· Patient assessments
· Process and outcome evaluation
· Patient care planning
· Interprofessional collaboration
· Great team player
· Patient needs’ advocate
· Excellence in primary computer and networking skills
|Memberships||ANA- American Nurses Association- National and State|
|Leadership||Organized a community health program for diabetes screening|
Watching nursing documentaries
RE: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF THE CLINICAL NURSE LIAISON
Following the advertisement for the vacant positions on your organization’s website, I am writing to express my interest in the
position of clinical nurse liaison. I am convinced that this position suits me because of my strong educational qualifications and the vast experience that I have amassed over the years in different nursing positions.
I have an associate degree in nursing and over four years of experience in direct patient care and coordination of services. I am an adept, well-organized, dedicated team leader, a calm health professional with excellent health care skills including patient care strategies, assessment, education, and dealing with the unique needs of patients. My vast work experience has enabled me to attain an exceptional-rounded skill set including outstanding leadership and exceptional nursing skills. I adjust to situations as suitable and my zeal to provide care that matches the demands of the 21st century motivates me to provide services beyond the standard levels.
In my past and present roles as a patient care tech and registered nurse, I have discharged my duties and gained sufficient skills that will support me to deliver the advertised roles competently. I was engaged in regular coordination with physicians to develop patients’ treatment plans. I was also involved in organizing appointments, examining and creating health interventions, and recording health care plans and strategies.
I trust that working at Amerita, Inc. would be mutually beneficial. I believe I would be exposed to a challenging working environment to enable me to use my skills optimally. Kindly find my education and skills in the attached resume.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Cover letters and resumes help in facilitating this application. A cover letter outlines the credentials of the applicant and interest in the position in question. On the other hand, a resume highlights an applicant’s skills, accomplishments, and background. It recaps pertinent education and job experiences. I have given a detailed resume indicating my education, achievements, and work summary. I have also provided a detailed cover letter indicating my credentials and reasons to be considered for the position of clinical nurse liaison at Amerita, Inc.
He, J. C., & Kang, S. K. (2021). Covering in cover letters: Gender and self-presentation in job applications. Academy of Management Journal, 64(4), 1097-1126. https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2018.1280
Jilk, E. M., Crawford, C. L., Kawar, L. N., & Medina-Gulapa, E. (2018). Brush up your professional nursing résumé. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 16(6), 46-50. doi: 10.1097/01.NME.0000527303.56478.44
Smith, L., & Van Genderen, J. (2018). Kick Start Your Career: Successful Strategies and Winning Techniques. Routledge.