Boost your Grades with us today!
Sample Answer for NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments Included After Question
NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments
The assignment must be completed by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 7. This assignment is worth 20% of your overall grade. See the details for this assignment below and in the Course Resourcespage in the Introduction & Resources Module.
Master’s-prepared advanced practice nurses participate in and demonstrate fair and unbiased interactions within all workplace settings. As a member of the nursing profession, and a leader, you are encouraged to implement strategies that promote and cultivate cultures of civility, regardless of practice setting. The purpose of this assessment is to analyze the issue of incivility and apply best practices to cultivate healthful environments.
CO 1: Examine roles and competencies of master’s-prepared nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (PO 1-5)
CO 2: Apply concepts of person-centered care to nursing practice situations. (PO 1, 2, 5)
CO 3: Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems (PO 3, 4)
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 200 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 7.
A Sample Answer For the Assignment: NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments
Title: NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments
Criteria for Content
Reflect on the issue of incivility. Think of an experience in which you were directly involved or witnessed incivility in the workplace. Analyze scholarly literature related to the issue of incivility and strategies for cultivating healthful environments.
- In a four- to six-page written paper, address the following.
- Define and explain the issue of incivility. Use scholarly nursing literature.
- Discuss the importance of this issue to nursing. Address the impact of incivility on individuals, microsystem work environments, and the profession of nursing. In this section, use at least three (3) different scholarly nursing literature in-text citations with matching references.
- Provide a scenario (real or fictitious) of incivility in a practice setting. What was the impact on the individuals involved? How was the work environment affected?
- Describe three strategies for creating a healthful environment. Use scholarly nursing literature to support each strategy.
- Identify your selected specialty track (education, executive, family nurse practitioner, healthcare policy, or nursing informatics). Provide two examples of strategies you will implement in your master’s-prepared advanced practice role to cultivate a healthful work environment.
- Provide a conclusion. Include a summary on the issue of incivility, strategies to create healthful environments, specialty track, and how you will contribute to cultivating healthful environments in your future professional practice. Include a self-reflection.
Preparing the paper
- Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™.
- Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) is at minimum four (4) pages and at maximum six (6) pages.
- A minimum of four (4) scholarly nursing literature references must be used.
- This assessment must be submitted to TurnItIn™, as required by the TurnItIn™ policy. A Similarity Index of less than 24%, which is the benchmark for CCN graduate nursing students. Any other level of similarity index level requires the student to revise the assessment before the due date and time. To allow sufficient time for revision, early submission of the assessment to TurnItIn™ is highly encouraged. The final submission will be graded by faculty. If a Turnitin™ report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the Academic Integrity policy will be followed.
- Submission: Submit your files: Last name_First initial_Assessment 5_Cultivating Healthful Environments.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
- Ideas and information that come from scholarly nursing literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
- A minimum of four (4) scholarly nursing literature references must be used.
- Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.
Cultivating Healthful Environments Rubric
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS:NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments
|Cultivating Healthful Environments Rubric
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduction
Introduction includes general statements on incivility and how this issue affects nursing work environments. Identify sections of the paper. Provide support from scholarly literature.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIssue of Incivility (Note: A dictionary may be used ONLY for this section to define incivility, in addition to scholarly nursing literature.)
Define and explain the issue of incivility. Provide citations from scholarly nursing literature that support the definition and explanation of incivility. A dictionary may be used for ONLY for this section in addition to scholarly nursing literature.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeImportance to Nursing
Discuss the importance of incivility related to nursing. Address the impact of incivility on individuals, microsystem work environments, and the profession of nursing. Provide at least three (3) citations from scholarly nursing literature.
Cultivating Healthful Environments
Mosadeghrad (2014) suggest that a variety of factors influence the quality of services provided by nurses in their routine practice. The incidents of incivility could be a major reason in this list. Therefore, it is extremely critical to further assess this issue so that adequate policy measures can be drafted to address this issue. According to Brown and Cummings (2013), there could be different names ad terms but incivility, violence, and bullying is often witnessed by practicing nurses. Therefore, the code of conduct for nursing has seen many revisions in light of this issue, as stated by Simpson (2016). The objective of this paper is to examine the incidents and issue of incivility against nurses and how to deal it effectively without braking the decorum. It also helps the healthcare professionals as well as the management to create a better environment for service delivery.
Issue of Incivility
Several academic researchers have defined the cases of incivility in nursing in different ways. According to American Nurses Association (2015), incivility refers to the act of behaving rudely and without curtesy with the hospital staff. For example, if an individual spreads rumors with the intention to create panic in the hospital complex. In another case, a colleague may refuse to support another to create nuisance in the hospital environment. According to Mosadeghrad (2014), since nurses work in an extremely stressful environment where situations swing between life and death, this incivility becomes an integral part of the business. Even with the best of efforts, the incidents cannot be completely eliminated.
Apart from this, there are many risks and hazards associated with the profession of nursing. Therefore, the nurses as well as patients could be extremely tired and frustrated and lead into behaviors that are classified as incivility. Equipped with these assumptions and knowledge, Lachman (2014) suggests that we need both, primary as well as secondary interventions to address this issue. With the help of primary interventions, the incidents can be prevented while secondary interventions are used to bring down the frequency of such incidents.
Due to incivility, the relationship between nurses and patients, or fellow nurses may get impacted severely. As a result, there could be many conflicts that hamper the day to day work. The seminal paper by Wood (2016) suggests that due to incivility, the performance of nurses could go down significantly. As a result, the overall healthcare services become of low quality. Having learnt these massive impacts of incivility in the healthcare environment, it is extremely importance to find a solution to this problem so that the healthcare professionals may work in a normal manner. NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments
Importance to Nursing
Lachman (2014) argues that the incidents of incivility in the healthcare environment have been increasing in the last few years, and it has brought down the quality of healthcare services. The nurses as well as patients, both have to bear the brunt of it. As the situation worsens on day by day basis, the sector would find it hard to maintain the quality, allocate resources intelligently, and maintain the desired level of patient outcomes. Due to the bad behavior that nurses see around them, they often end up either leaving their job or the industry altogether. Therefore, the turnover rate of nurses also becomes higher.
Incivility makes the healthcare environment extremely stressful and impacts the psychology of nurses (Chamberlain College of Nursing, 2017). When nurses face constant conflicts, stressed environment, sleep deprivation, or embarrassment at workplace, they lack motivation to work at their full efficiency (Wood, 2016). Due to this increased activity, the nurses may also fall sick and remain absent from work. For a family nursing practitioner, such issues could trigger negative emotions. Brown and Cummings (2013) further elaborate on the ways in which negative emotions could impact the performance of family nurse practitioners. NR 500 Week 7 Assignment: Cultivating Healthful Environments
Due to incivility and the associated poor performance, the nurses often receive bad ratings in performance appraisal. Such ratings often discourage them and the performance level and commitment further reduces. The emotional impact due to incivility could come out in the form of anger, isolation, or fear etc. (American Nurses Association, 2015).
Incivility has other effects also, such as causing damage to the staff nurses. Gradually, increase in the incident of mistreatments provokes the people engaged with the matter and makes the situation intense. Simpson (2016) accepts that there are chances that nurses could get physically injured in the environment of violence. Such conditions take place when one person does not trust another person leading to misunderstandings, arguments and self-interest.
Initially, I had no idea about Incivility and its effects. It is when I started my career in nursing I came to know about Incivility in detail. I faced certain challenges in the start while dealing with the cases of patient’s family incivility. Though the subject of the topic is similar still the cases differ and so the way to handle them. During my job, I realized that the members of nurse team and physicians’ team can coordinate and work closely with each other. They together made a strong team and delivered a recognizable service to the patients admitted at a hospital provision.
I encountered many instants where everything could turn out as a huge fight. But the physicians and the nurses looking after that matter somehow managed to handle it smoothly. The matter was regarding the family patient who was supposed to move to the general ward from the ward of intense precaution. Whereas the one group was confident about the decision, another group was still in doubt. The physicians were sure that the patient is in a condition where he can have cared but the nurses were not sure and needed the help of physicians to deal with it (McCormack & McCance, 2017).
There are some ethics to be followed in Nursing out of which one is to treat with respects to other professionals working with you. There is a major reason behind it. Take an example, if the patient is in a critical condition and professionals tend to have different opinions during operation can lead to the patient into danger. Therefore, professionals need to understand the sensitivity of the situation and act accordingly in the operation theatre. Admiring of each other’s opinion is required for the patients’ safety. As such, the respect of the ideas from both parties involves ensuring that the patients were well cared for.