Boost your Grades with us today!
Sample Answer for LAB ASSIGNMENT DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS FOR SKIN CONDITIONS NURS 6512 Included After Question
LAB ASSIGNMENT DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS FOR SKIN CONDITIONS NURS 6512
LAB ASSIGNMENT: DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS FOR SKIN CONDITIONS
Properly identifying the cause and type of a patient’s skin condition involves a process of elimination known as differential diagnosis. Using this process, a health professional can take a given set of physical abnormalities, vital signs, health assessment findings, and patient descriptions of symptoms, and incrementally narrow them down until one diagnosis is determined as the most likely cause.
In this Lab Assignment, you will examine several visual representations of various skin conditions, describe your observations, and use the techniques of differential diagnosis to determine the most likely condition.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.
Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
- Review the Skin Conditions document provided in this week’s Learning Resources, and select one condition to closely examine for this Lab Assignment.
- Consider the abnormal physical characteristics you observe in the graphic you selected. How would you describe the characteristics using clinical terminologies?
- Explore different conditions that could be the cause of the skin abnormalities in the graphics you selected.
- Consider which of the conditions is most likely to be the correct diagnosis, and why.
- Search the Walden library for one evidence-based practice, peer-reviewed article based on the skin condition you chose for this Lab Assignment.
- Review the Comprehensive SOAP Exemplar found in this week’s Learning Resources to guide you as you prepare your SOAP note.
- Download the SOAP Template found in this week’s Learning Resources, and use this template to complete this Lab Assignment.
THE LAB ASSIGNMENT
- Choose one skin condition graphic (identify by number in your Chief Complaint) to document your assignment in the SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) note format rather than the traditional narrative style. Refer to Chapter 2 of the Sullivan text and the Comprehensive SOAP Template in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance. Remember that not all comprehensive SOAP data are included in every patient case.
- Use clinical terminologies to explain the physical characteristics featured in the graphic. Formulate a differential diagnosis of five possible conditions for the skin graphic that you chose. Determine which is most likely to be the correct diagnosis and explain your reasoning using at least three different references, one reference from current evidence-based literature from your search and two different references from this week’s Learning Resources.
BY DAY 7 OF WEEK 4
Submit your Lab Assignment.
Before submitting your final assignment, you can check your draft for authenticity. To check your draft, access the Turnitin Drafts from the Start Here area.
- To submit your completed assignment, save your Assignment as WK4Assgn1+last name+first initial.
- Then, click on Start Assignment near the top of the page.
- Next, click on Upload File and select Submit Assignment for review.
A Sample Answer For the Assignment: LAB ASSIGNMENT DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS FOR SKIN CONDITIONS NURS 6512
Title: LAB ASSIGNMENT DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS FOR SKIN CONDITIONS NURS 6512
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeUsing the SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) note format: · Create documentation, following SOAP format, of your assignment to choose one skin condition graphic (identify by number in your Chief Complaint). · Use clinical terminologies to explain the physical characteristics featured in the graphic.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome· Formulate a different diagnosis of three to five possible considerations for the skin graphic. · Determine which is most likely to be the correct diagnosis, and explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWritten Expression and Formatting – Paragraph Development and Organization: Paragraphs make clear points that support well-developed ideas, flow logically, and demonstrate continuity of ideas. Sentences are carefully focused–neither long and rambling nor short and lacking substance. A clear and comprehensive purpose statement and introduction are provided that delineate all required criteria.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWritten Expression and Formatting – English writing standards: Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWritten Expression and Formatting – The paper follows correct APA format for title page, headings, font, spacing, margins, indentations, page numbers, running heads, parenthetical/in-text citations, and reference list.
|Total Points: 100