PCN 520 Grand Canyon Week 6 Assignment Latest July 2016
Groups in Action Workbook–Challenges Facing Group Leaders
Upon viewing the Groups in Action DVD, you will answer workbook questions that emphasize the application of concepts and techniques appropriate to the various stages of a group’s development.
This portion of the workbook has 25 sections, each corresponding to a specific numbered segment of the DVD. Watch the DVD, stopping after each segment as indicated in the workbook and on the DVD.
Answer the assigned questions below:
Page 102 #4
4) Assume you are leading this group and during the check-in several members emphatically stated that they are not getting what they want and they are not sure that they will remain in it. What would you say?
Page 104 #2
2) How would you deal with a member’s concern about confidentiality?
Page 106 #2
2) How would you address Joel’s guilt about having taken up too much time and having disclosed too much?
Page 109 #3
3) Can you think of ways to work with Nadine so that she could get something out of the group, even though her attendance was mandatory?
Page 113 #1
1) Would you consider possible cultural messages to be relevant in exploring with Vivian her hesitation to express emotions? If so, how would you attend to that?
Page 114 #5
5) How can you facilitate Toni in establishing trust and safety? What would you say to her?
Page 116 #2
2) Assume you ask Nicole not to withdraw, yet she crosses her arms and curtly says, “I’m not going to say anything more.” How would you deal with this stance? Can you think of an intervention that might be helpful to her?
Page 118 #2
There are no reviews for this product.