DNP 840 Topic 6 Comparison of Leadership Models and Styles
Leadership models abound. For this assignment, you will have two parts submitted as one assignment. In Part One you will review an assortment of models and styles and make a comparison of servant leadership to other models of leadership, including at least one model of transformational leadership. Also, contrast how these models bring about change in organizations. In Part Two you will look at leadership styles, determine yours, and compare the results of the personal model inventory and your personal leadership style.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Complete the “Personal Model of Leadership” tool to find your personal model.
- Complete the Leadership Development Questionnaire (“Leadership Development – Test One – What is your leadership style?”).
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper that discusses how your personal model of leadership and leadership style may be applied in your work and how it compares to servant leadership and other models.
- Discuss your personal model of leadership and how you might apply it in your role as a doctorally prepared advanced practice nurse.
- Analyze how your personal model reflects a practice of servant leadership.
- Compare servant leadership to two other leadership models.
- Discuss how leaders implement each of the models and how they fit with your personal model.
- Contrast the effectiveness of these models to bring about change in an organization.
- Evaluate how your personal model of leadership works in conjunction with your leadership style.
- Develop an action plan using SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Relevant, and Timely) with an evaluation of personal development to work on two areas of personal improvement for your leadership style. The plan must include at least two SMART goals.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and is application based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the syllabus by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement, which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-840
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.