DNP 830 Topic 4 CITI Training: Basic Research Course
For this assignment, you will complete the Basic Research Course.The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) training in research ethics is a requirement for submission of your practice implementation project to the Institutional Review Board (IRB). CITI training provides you with information regarding IRB requirements. During this online training, you will be required to read and process information and to take quizzes to demonstrate your understanding of research ethics and IRB requirements. You will be able to save your work at the end of each module, exit, and return later. You will complete both the Basic Research Course and the Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research Course during this topic.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- CITI registration directions are found in the DC Network. To access them, please use the following link: https://dc.gcu.edu/documents/irb_documents__iris/citi-ethics-training/citi_training_instructions_doctoral_learner_pdf
- Set up your CITI account and register for the required Basic Course by going to https://www.citiprogram.org. Click on the “Register Here” to register. You may register for the Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research Course at this time as well.
- Log on to the CITI training website and register for the CITI Training.
- Complete all modules of the Basic Research Course. A completion report will be generated by the CITI website after you complete all modules.
- Copy and paste your completion report from the CITI website into a Word document and save the file to your computer.
- Submit the saved completion report to the instructor.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and is application based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the syllabus by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement, which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following at the end of the completion report:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-830
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.\