DNP 825 Week 3 Epidemiology Paper Part Two – Analysis and Application
The Epidemiology Paper is a practice immersion assignment designed to be completed in three sections. This is part two of the assignment. Learners are required to identify an at-risk population, how the health risk for this population can be affected by nursing science, and the potential obstacles that may hinder implementation of health prevention and promotion activities for this particular population.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that support your position by referencing at least six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment comprises the second part of the Epidemiology Paper. Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper that provides the following:
- Identify an existing at-risk population. Using aggregated statistics, include identified criteria and data that substantiates why this population is at risk.
- Using analyzed population data, identify a health risk within this population that nursing science can impact. Describe the specific variables. Provide SPSS data that correlates population to the identified health risk.
- Identify potential obstacles that may hinder the implementation of the prevention and health promotion activities.
- Identify stakeholders, individuals, and agencies with whom you may need to collaborate.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives, and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours, and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement that reminds you, the learner, to enter a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.