Assignment: NURS 0000 Community Health Nursing Questions
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
1. Which is the primary goal of community health nursing?
A.To support and supplement the efforts of the medical profession in the promotion of health and prevention of illness
B.To enhance the capacity of individuals, families and communities to cope with their health needs
C.To increase the productivity of the people by providing them with services that will increase their level of health
D.To contribute to national development through promotion of family welfare, focusing particularly on mothers and
Answer: (B) To enhance the capacity of individuals, families and communities to cope with their health needs
To contribute to national development through promotion of family welfare, focusing particularly on mothers and
2. CHN is a community-based practice. Which best explains this statement?
A.The service is provided in the natural environment of people.
B.The nurse has to conduct community diagnosis to determine nursing needs and problems.
C.The services are based on the available resources within the community.
D.Priority setting is based on the magnitude of the health problems identified.
3. Population-focused nursing practice requires which of the following processes?
A. Community organizing
4. R.A. 1054 is also known as the Occupational Health Act. Aside from number of employees, what other factor must
be considered in determining the occupational health privileges to which the workers will be entitled?
A.Type of occupation: agricultural, commercial, industrial
B.Location of the workplace in relation to health facilities
C.Classification of the business enterprise based on net profit
D.Sex and age composition of employees
5. A business firm must employ an occupational health nurse when it has at least how many employees?
6. When the occupational health nurse employs ergonomic principles, she is performing which of her roles?
A.Health care provider
C.Health care coordinator
7. A garment factory does not have an occupational nurse. Who shall provide the occupational health needs of the
A.Occupational health nurse at the Provincial Health Office
B.Physician employed by the factory
C.Public health nurse of the RHU of their municipality
D.Rural sanitary inspector of the RHU of their municipality
8. “Public health services are given free of charge.” Is this statement true or false?
A.The statement is true; it is the responsibility of government to provide basic services.
B.The statement is false; people pay indirectly for public health services.
C.The statement may be true or false, depending on the specific service required.
D.The statement may be true or false, depending on policies of the government concerned.
NURS 0000 Community Health Nursing Questions
9. According to C.E.Winslow, which of the following is the goal of Public Health?
A.For people to attain their birthrights of health and longevity
B.For promotion of health and prevention of disease
C.For people to have access to basic health services
D.For people to be organized in their health efforts
10. We say that a Filipino has attained longevity when he is able to reach the average lifespan of Filipinos. What
other statistic may be used to determine attainment of longevity?
A.Age-specific mortality rate
B.Proportionate mortality rate
D.Case fatality rate
11. Which of the following is the most prominent feature of public health nursing?
A.It involves providing home care to sick people who are not confined in the hospital.
B.Services are provided free of charge to people within the catchment area.
C.The public health nurse functions as part of a team providing a public health nursing services.
D.Public health nursing focuses on preventive, not curative, services.
12. According to Margaret Shetland, the philosophy of public health nursing is based on which of the following?
A.Health and longevity as birthrights
B.The mandate of the state to protect the birthrights of its citizens
C.Public health nursing as a specialized field of nursing
D.The worth and dignity of man
13. Which of the following is the mission of the Department of Health?
A.Health for all Filipinos
B.Ensure the accessibility and quality of health care
C.Improve the general health status of the population
D.Health in the hands of the Filipino people by the year 2020
14. Region IV Hospital is classified as what level of facility?
NURS 0000 Community Health Nursing Questions
15. Which is true of primary facilities?
A.They are usually government-run.
B.Their services are provided on an out-patient basis.
C.They are training facilities for health professionals.
D.A community hospital is an example of this level of health facilities.
16. Which is an example of the school nurse’s health care provider functions?
A.Requesting for BCG from the RHU for school entrant immunization
B.Conducting random classroom inspection during a measles epidemic
C.Taking remedial action on an accident hazard in the school playground
D.Observing places in the school where pupils spend their free time
17. When the nurse determines whether resources were maximized in implementing Ligtas Tigdas, she is evaluating
18. You are a new B.S.N. graduate. You want to become a Public Health Nurse. Where will you apply?
A.Department of Health
B.Provincial Health Office
C.Regional Health Office
D.Rural Health Unit
19. R.A. 7160 mandates devolution of basic services from the national government to local government units. Which
of the following is the major goal of devolution?
A.To strengthen local government units
B.To allow greater autonomy to local government units
C.To empower the people and promote their self-reliance
D.To make basic services more accessible to the people
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!