Assignment: Ethics For BA Case Study
For this Assignment all answers must be original, no plagarism as Turnitin will automatically check. Please read carefully before responding.
1: Determine the best behavior modification techniques to apply in different scenarios.
2: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
3: Conduct oneself to reflect the characteristics and culture of a given work setting.
Ethics for Behavior Analysts
This Assignment consists of an analysis of questions related to two separate case studies. Each case presents a problem that you, the future behavior analyst, will need to assess. In order for you to accomplish this, you will design an effective (hypothetical) behavior modification program based on your hypothesized function of the target behavior and a plan to evaluate this modification program. You will draw upon the scientific method of inquiry to guide you in this Assignment.
Prepare for the analysis questions by completing the following for each case study:
- Provide a full and accurate description of the target behavior for each case and the rationale for selection.
- For each case, provide a hypothesis of the reinforcement contingencies maintaining the behavior. Based on this hypothesis, discuss why the previous interventions may not have been successful.
- Next, use operant conditioning techniques to provide an accurate and thorough behavior modification for each case based on the hypothesis above. Be sure to discuss this in the context of the use single-subject designs in behavior analysis and how the individual serves as his or her own control.
- Finally, you will discuss the assessment of each behavior modification plan by describing how you will determine if the selected behavior modification plan was effective (be sure to outline the dimension of behavior(s) you are measuring and how you will make a data-based conclusions on the progress)
Each case covers the theories, concepts, and research that you have learned about this term. Your written Assignment should consist of information mainly from the two texts. If necessary you may use supplemental readings. All supplementary material should be from peer-reviewed behavior analytic journals only.
After reading each case and conducting the analysis as guided above, please fully provide the information listed below.
Your answers should be 3 to 4 pages for each case in order to address all required parts of the Assignment.
Case 1: The Case of Emily
1. Briefly recap the case and identify the most important target behavior. Provide a clear definition and why it is important to target this behavior.
2. Discuss which inadvertent reinforcement strategy may have contributed to Emily’s school refusal and why. Formulate a hypothesis regarding what intervention will result in a specific level and direction of desired change in the target behavior
3. Choose an effective behavior modification program to help Emily’s parents to help her improve her target behavior and to test your previously stated hypothesis. Discuss why you chose that program
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!