Assignment: Applying Learning Theory to Life
Assignment: Applying Learning Theory to Life
Preparation is key to any good research paper and presentation. Next week, you will be creating your Final Paper and Presentation. It is important to begin gathering your information and sources to fulfill this project successfully. For your Final Paper, you will be designing a training moduleproposal (not a full training module). The title of this training module is “The Importance of Understanding Your Learners’ Needs”. Essentially, you will be proposing the information you would include for assisting managers gain knowledge in how to meet the learning needs of their departmental employees.
In this week’s paper, you will be setting the stage to demonstrate your understanding of the psychology of learning and how it can be applied to a real-life scenario by creating a list of learning principles you may want to incorporate into your training module. The group you are hypothetically assigned to train has already been designed for you. See the “PSY331 Final Assessment Scenario“.
Although the Final Paper requires you to apply five principles to your training, that you feel will best meet your diverse learners’ needs, you will include a minimum of seven principles in this assignment that will provide you with options for your final design. The principles you choose may be from the following areas of learning psychology: behaviorism, cognitivism, constructivism, or humanism. Be sure to review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five for further guidance. You will also include five content areas that you would want to include in a training such as this.
For this assignment, you will be evaluating the different types of learning, which are indicated in the scenario for the final assignment, and then list what content you intend to include in your training, based on their needs.
Your paper must include the following:
- an explanation of Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism, and Humanism (one to two paragraphs each.)
- a description of seven areas of content (principles of learning) that you feel are the most important when teaching others about the importance of meeting leaner needs
- Will you include information about multiple Intelligences or Emotional Intelligences?
- Will you include how scaffolding differs from person to person?
- What do you think is the most important?
- Demonstrate your understanding of these principles by describing how they are important in creating effective learning.
- a description of seven strategies, based on theory, that you will include in your own training module to ensure learning success by the group of individuals you are wanting to train (will you use repetition based on Behaviorism? Will you use motivational rewards based on humanism?).
- Analyze how learning and learning theory may affect this situation by listing seven possible strategies you might use in this training scenario and supporting their application through theoretical explanations.
- an explanation about why you would use each strategy based on theory and each content matter based on importance (in your opinion).
To complete this successfully, also apply your research skills to this content by synthesizing supporting evidence from at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library that defend these strategies as the best options for your training.
Be sure to review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five for further guidance.
Writing the “Applying Learning Theory to Life” Paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (excluding title page and references) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- The title page must include the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that introduces what you will be outlining in your paper.
- Must critically address each element of the paper. For assistance with the critical thinking portion of the written assignment, please see the information included on the Critical Thinking Community website.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms the proposed training module and the content and strategies chosen.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, all of which must come from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Important information for writing discussion questions and participationHi Class,
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!