Assignment: Adult Integrated Case Management Using INTERMED
Adult Integrated Case Management Using INTERMED
Clinical Notes for:
Lucinda, Robert and Paul
Suggestion: To understand the coding for these chapters, it’s important for you to read through Chapter 7: Adult Integrated Case Management Using INTERMED- Complexity Assessment Grid Methodology and Chapter 8: Child/Youth Integrated Case Management Using INTERMED- Complexity Assessment Grid Methodology.
Lucinda (page 175-195)
· 37 y/o Mexican American woman
· Referred by insurance reviewer due to overuse of medical services and after a provider sent a request in to have her gangrenous middle to removed
· Frequent medical procedures used/frequent hospitalizations/ER visits
· Last 12 months: 32 Rx filled from 6 different doctors
· Diabetic specialist (not an endocrinologist)
· Psychiatrists who Rx diazepam
· # PCP
· Medical issues:
· Type 1 Diabetic since teen years
· 400+ Blood Glucose Levels (BGL)
· Gangrenous middle toe
· Chronic infections (skin and body)
· Ongoing fever off 104
· ALC 9.2 (snapshot of a diabetic’s overall blood sugar level over previous 3 months)
· Vision problems
· High Blood pressure (hypertension)
· Kidney disease
· Back and leg pain related to neuropathy
Focus on her readiness for change (VAS score)
Chart 10 in the supplemental packet is the Care Plan Development, which is also located on page 142, as a completed chart for Lucinda.
The questions (1-3 with follow-up questions) are in response to the Standard Questions. These are also listed in the Supplemental packet, in section E, page 13.
Make sure to review Ellen’s notes because they give you a lot of information and responses to the listed questions. Pay attention to Lucinda’s issues of: limited family/outside support network; family history of diabetes (mom is a diabetic and her own daughter is pre-diabetic and overweight); financial issues (uncertain about her job, has not been to work in last 3 months).
This is the worse 3 years in terms of her ability to control her diabetes- why? What change?
PCP can’t always see her, so she does see other providers who give her conflicting information.
· She is currently taking 10 different medications
· She checks her blood sugar when she feels bad but isn’t honest about her numbers due to embarrassment
· Misses her insulin because it’s unaffordable for her
· Has had diabetes management training in the past but has forgotten most of the information
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!